Please note that this policy may change. Please return to this page to review the policy regularly.
1. Commitment of Eat the Globe
- Eat the Globe ('ETG') recognises the importance of your privacy and the security of your personal information. We are committed to adopting the highest privacy standards to safeguard your personal information. ETG, is bound by the National Privacy Principles as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000.
- We will not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others unless you have given us your permission. You will not receive any unsolicited mail from us unless you have consented to it.
2. Information Collection and Use
- ETG collects your information through cookies, user names, e-mail submissions and any information you upload.
- ETG aggregates information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring web site usage. This is in order to help us develop the web site and our service.
- We may provide such aggregate information to reputable third parties. However, this information will not include information that can be used to identify any individual.
- With your consent, we will only share non-anonymous information with carefully chosen, reputable and trustworthy third parties. We are not responsible for any breach of security or any actions of any third parties who receive this information.
- Due to the global Internet infrastructure, the information you provide ETG may be transferred outside Australia to areas that do not have similar data protection legislation. By submitting your information you consent to these transfers.
- ETG reserves the right to access, disclose and pass on individually identifiable information to comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests, to operate our systems properly and to protect both our users and ourselves.
- From time to time we may sponsor a promotion, sweepstake or contest on ETG. Users may be asked to provide personal information including name, email address or home address or to answer questions in order to participate. This is entirely voluntary. We may transfer personal information to ad partners if you have requested to receive information from them. It will be clear at the point of collection who is collecting the personal information and whose privacy statement will apply.
- We will not use your information for purposes other than described above unless we have your consent or there are specified law enforcement, public health or safety reasons to do so.
- We may also use a user's email address to send updates, a newsletter or news regarding the service. Please send an email to ETG at firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not want to be contacted or have any queries.
3. Personal Information Security
- In compliance with the Privacy Act 1988, SPAM Act 2003 and Mobile Premium Services Code, ETG will not hold any of your personal information for a time period in excess of those expressly stated in the relevant codes and legislation.
- We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete, up-to-date and stored in a secure environment protected from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
- ETG will take all reasonable steps to let you know, generally, what sort of personal information we hold, for what purposes and how we collect, use and disclose that information.
- Upon your written request, ETG will provide access to your personal information we hold, except in certain prescribed circumstances, including emergency situations, specified business imperatives and law enforcement or other public interests.
4. Usage of Cookies
- Our site may store cookies on the browser of your computer to better serve you upon your subsequent visits. 'Cookies' are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive. The main purpose of cookies is to identify you without needing to ask for your details every time you access ETG.
- However third parties such as advertisers on our web site may serve cookies on your browser as well. The purpose of this is to gauge the effectiveness of a particular advertisement. Please note that this process will not enable these third parties to access your personal details. If you are concerned about cookies, you can turn them off in your browser. However, if you do this please note that some areas of the site may not work properly. We reserve the right to use other tracking technologies in the future.
5. Chat Rooms, Journals and WebLogs, Message Boards, Classifieds and Public Forums
- Please be aware that whenever you voluntarily post public information to Journals, WebLogs, Message Boards, Classifieds or any other Public Forums, that information can be accessed by the public and can be used by those people to send you unsolicited communications.
6. More Information
- You can find out more about privacy law and our obligations to you from The Office of the Privacy Commissioner at www.privacy.gov.au. Alternatively, you may contact us on email@example.com for further information.